Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to clients who are renting or hiring Shortmead to host their wedding, party, conference of other event.
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should there be other interest in your preferred date during the enquiry period, you will be contacted. Once a booking has been made with a deposit we will confirm the booking and all the details. Please note that numbers may not be reduced from those numbers for which we have estimated at the time of payment of the initial deposit. Reduction in numbers from the time of the booking will not lead to a reduction in cost.
The final payment will be required four weeks prior to the date of the event. This will be the estimated total cost of the event less the deposit pre-paid. The final payment will also include a refundable £500 deposit against any damage that may occur during the event. The estimate will include any increase in numbers and additional services not included in the original quotation.
Payments by cheque to Marilyn Mitchell, Shortmead Hospitality or if you prefer a direct bank transfer can be arranged if this is more convenient.
The payment schedule is as follows.
- Initial deposit of 25% to secure booking
- Second payment of 50% six months prior to event
- Final payment of 25% including £500 returnable damages deposit due four weeks prior to the date of the event.
Any increase in numbers must be confirmed at least 14 days prior to the function and these will be the numbers catered for. Numbers of vegetarians or any other special dietary requirements should also be notified by this time at the latest.
Shortmead may cancel the booking without liability in the following circumstances.
- On six months written notice – in this case all monies paid by the hirer to Shortmead will be refunded.
- On as much notice as practicable if Shortmead is or will be prevented by any cause outside its reasonable control from complying with its obligations under this agreement – in this case all monies paid by the hirer will be refunded.
- On seven days written notice if any payment that is due has not been made by the hirer in accordance with this agreement – in this case there will be no refund of monies already paid.
The Hirer may cancel the booking, charges will be incurred according to the notice given and based on the following percentage of monies already paid.
- One month or less 100%
- up to 3 months 75%
- up to 6 months 50%
- over 6 months 25%
We would advise you to take out insurance cover against unforeseen cancellation.
The Hirer acknowledges that the event may be brought to an immediate end, after consultation with the hirer and without refund, if there is abuse of the premises or the facilities which we feel cannot be prevented or remedied in any other way. The decision of Shortmead is final.
The use of the premises and facilities is restricted to the specific facilities, dates and times specified in the confirmation letter. All cars must be parked in accordance with the directions provided.
The hirer, delegates or agents are responsible for all health and safety aspects of their event. They must also comply with all health and safety regulations and guidance displayed at or in relation to the premises or facilities. The hirer must take all reasonable care to safeguard and protect premises from loss or damage.
No food or drink may be brought onto the premises without prior, written consent of Shortmead.
Shortmead does not undertake to maintain any insurances except those required by law. The hirer must inform Shortmead of all material matters of which its insurers should be informed in relation to the intended use of the premises or facilities.
Liability and indemnity
The hirer, guests, delegates and agents use the premises at Shortmead at their own risk and shall bear the entire risk of all or any of the following.
- Liability and claims for personal injury and death not caused by negligence of Shortmead.
- Damage, destruction, theft or loss in relation to the premises and the property of the hirer and guests, delegates or representatives, whether or not the property was in the custody of Shortmead.
- Cancellation, except as otherwise provided in these conditions.
- Complaints or claims of any nature in relation to the premises and facilities.
- All loss or damage by or to any equipment or chattel brought onto the premises by the hirer and his/her guests, delegates or representatives.
- Consequential losses whatsoever.
- Shortmead reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions giving 14 days written notification.